Sunday 11 December 2011

Facebook here I come!

Four months ago I wrote my very first tweet and this week I wrote my first status update on Facebook. Thanks in no small part to George Michael I'm now officially a social media girl, having a blog, a twitter account and even a Facebook account!

Never, ever did I think I would end up with a Facebook account, all that friending and unfriending business looked ever so stressful to me. And Lord knows I don't need more stress. But then I never thought I would sign up for Twitter either. Once again being a George Michael fan changed my life in unexpected ways. If George hadn't taken up twittter, neither would I! And I would have missed out on a lot of fun.

This is my Facebook profile picture
Find me on Facebook at facebook.com/adaforshort

When I started with Twitter, I honestly thought that it wouldn't take up much of my time. Well, 1800 tweets later it's fair to say I got that totally wrong. I love twitter! I had so much fun tweeting about the Symphonica shows I saw, although it always made for a very busy intermission! Even more fun, because not stressful at all, was "listening" to twitter concerts, seeing all the happy tweets from @GeorgeMOfficial, @GeorgeMichaelNL and all the others come in.
And a few weeks ago when George Michael got so ill and we were all just sick with worry about him, our twitter GM-family turned out to be a great support system.

So all in all, my twitter experiment turned out to be a big success. I'm hoping I will like Facebook just as much. I could see this get time-consuming and addictive as well. So if you want to get in touch, you're more than welcome to send a friend request.

I decided to get serious with Facebook because I've got a lot of Symphonica photos from all the shows I went to just lying around and I want to share them with other George Michael fans. And a blog really isn't the best place for that. I also got tons of 25Live photos that I never uploaded before.

In time I also want to upload some Symphonica videos to my Facebook page that I don't want to share on Youtube. Right now though it still hurts to look at them, but I'm confident that will pass once George Michael is a bit further along on his way back to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment